Saturday, August 1, 2009

Slack Blogger

Yes, I know. I've been a slack blogger. Maybe it's the fact that I've been outta town a lot, or had a lot of company over lately, or been painting...errrr...assisting my wonderful husband in painting, or maybe it's just that I'm slack and don't think about blogging until crazy hours of the night and then I'm just TOO tired! Whatever the reason, I apologize for being a slack blogger! "So, what's new with the Coates Clan?" I'm sure you are all asking yourselves that question, right!? Well, I'll tell you...

Mom has come to visit not one but two weeks in a row. We're super excited about this because WE MISS HER! The kids were SO SURPRISED last night when she snuck in the house and hid in the guest bedroom. They didn't know she was coming! GREAT JOB, Grandma Turner!

Joe and Brett have headed over the the hunt club today for a "work day". Brett was so cute this morning. He even had on a camo shirt, jeans, and BOOTS! :) CUTIE PATOOTIE! He was excited about getting to see Pops, Uncle Steven, and Mr. Liston! Joe swears that he'll be a big help. I hope so!

Hmm....What Else?
Well, Meredith and I have broke the bank going back-to-school shopping. She's just out grown EVERYTHING! And, according to her, all of her clothes just "aren't cool anymore, MOM!" So, that means a whole new wardrobe for middle school. Did y'all know that 5th grade is middle school at Daniel Island??? She's going to be upstairs now, WITH LOCKERS!?!?! WOAH!

Jac starts Daniel Island Academy on Monday. We went to Open House last Thursday and Meet The Teacher yesterday. He was shy, at first, then seemed to open up a little. I think he'll be a good fit there. Brett is still great friends with the kids he met while going to school there.

OH....and other big news....
Joe was FINALLY offered the job with the county (You all know, the one he's already been doing for the last 18 months or so!) but, now it's OFFICIAL! Woo Hoo~

I think that's it, for now.
I won't bore y'all with my ramblings on about how much I REALLY DON'T WANNA GO BACK TO WORK! Can't summer break last a month longer? or maybe two? or even three? Guess not, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that's it hard to find time to blog. Although you'd think these days I could manage. My excuse was traveling as well. I was in NC for a week, the Richmond for a week, then Kentucky for a week, then back to Richmond for a week. My poor husband wants to know when I'm going to stay home and be his wife :)
    -Julia

    ReplyDelete